One of those days for you, too?
The light in your kitchen is dismal, you take one photo and you get a 'memory stick full!' message (must remove all those Floriade pics). So you plug in to download some of your photos and the camera battery goes kaput. Give up on technology, throw a tizz, eat some chocolate.
You haven't quite got the amount of passionfruit you need for this recipe, but how would you know that until you've cut open and scooped out the wrinkly little fellows?
Anyway, you're committed - the batter is ready; you haven't got enough butter or eggs to start another recipe. No backing out now.
I love a batter shot.
Passionfruit and coconut pudding
Adapted from a supermarket magazine. This has a lovely tropical flavor (and colour!), just right as we're heading into winter. The original recipe specified six 3/4 cup ramekins at 25 minutes. Oh, and it turned out I did have enough passionfruit pulp - it truly was one of those days.
- Preheat your oven to 180 and butter a baking dish (about 4.5 cups capacity).
- Cream 200 gms soft butter with 3/4 cups sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Add 3 eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup passionfruit.
- Fold thru 1 cup SR flour, 1/2 cup plain flour and 1/2 cup dessicated coconut.
- Spoon into your baking dish, smooth the surface and sprinkle with a little raw sugar.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until done, covering with foil if browning too much.
- Serve warm with ice cream or cream.