I am now of the age where I do not make new year's resolutions. However, the Kitchenmaid sparked my interest in having kitchen resolutions - what an intriguing idea! And if I record those somewhere - ie, here - I may be more compelled to fulfill them.
- Cook eggplant. I have tried this once and wasn't impressed, but it's one of those vegies I feel I need to know better. It's such a gorgeous-looking thing, all black and shiny, so I shall conquer it.
- Cook fish. Real fish - not sirena tuna out of a can. I rely on eating fish caught and cooked by dad: flash-deep-fried flathead fillets, in the lightest tempura style batter imaginable. It is the best. But I only eat that once a month, so I need to get more seafood self-sufficient.
- Try not to photocopy any more recipe books and instead work thru the books I already own! I'm sure some of you may understand this too.
- Bake biscuits, at least once a month. I don't make bikkies (bickies?) enough - I'm more of a cake gal.
- Make something with caramel. Quite frankly, caramel scares me. I fear I'll
burn the house down getinto trouble (edited 9.1.2013: I just realised how inappropriate that was right now). Time to feel the fear and do it anyway.
- Grow new vegies, such as purple sprouting broccoli which dad grew successfully last year, for the first time. And have another attempt at things that have failed in the past. Beetroot, I'm talking to you.